People love to watch events ‘live’ especially those of our favorite sporting teams and concerts from our celebrity entertainers. But when it’s difficult to attend a live event, we gather to watch the special moments in real-time on television or over the internet in High Definition with 1080P quality.
Over the past year, due to the ease of a new breed of technology with incredibly low cost, we can now find business information, seminars, workshops and webinars which are being broadcast ‘live’ to a global audience over the internet.
Livecasting or livestreaming is often the term used that describes the process of broadcasting real-time, live video footage or video feed to an audience accessing the video stream over the internet. The viewing device can be a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone or digital screen at home, at the office or in a brick and mortar venue such as a movie theater, restaurant, house of worship or sporting arena. The broadcast can be just video, audio or both.
Viewers often will interact with the broadcast Host or guests or other viewers, through text chat, twitter feed, voice or webcam video.
Here are a few examples to show you what is possible with LIVE video streaming:
- It’s a new way to reach out and talk to your clients and prospects.
- It provides you with the same level of engagement as a face-to-face conversation or a stage/boardroom presentation.
- It is NOT traditional webinar or video conferencing technology.
- It is easy enough to begin using with less than 90 minutes of training.
- A high quality, multi-person video conversation can be held WITHOUT cost.
- If used strategically, your Google search rank will significantly increase.